Tuesday, July 9, 2013

9 Months & 2.3 Years ~ finding my brother

Beach Time!

Summer is in full swing!  I am so happy to be out of work so I can play with these two adorable men.  I just can't get enough of them.  We have been spending our days at the beach, playgrounds, and indoor play areas (in heavy rain).  Reconnecting with our summer friends has also been so nice.  Why can't it just be summer all the time :)

As Brycen John sprouts into a full fledged infant, Gavin has started to interact with him more.  They can get each other in the silliest giggle fits and have been known to wrestle on occasion.  I love that I can get more and more photos of them.  Here are a few of my favorite moments...

silly boys!
love that they both can swing :)
brothers being brothers
practicing for their future boy band
playing at an outdoor garden
playing at the beach - brycen ate too much sand lol
It is so fun that they can play together!  I can even bathe them together without worrying about one going down in the tub; however, Gavin is not a fan of sharing his tubby.  He will stretch his whole body out and try to swing in the tub now.  He loves the idea of swimming and is getting more and more comfortable in water.  He now has his ver own special pool from his grandma that he loves to frequent. I think he is going to be a water baby.  

Everyday Gavin Alan is making more connections to the world around him.  He is forming complete sentences and has just began to understand the concept of warnings for leaving places....which is so super helpful!  Not that every time is easy but it is much better with the communication barrier bridged. He loves being outside, getting dirty, and eating.  He is still in love with circular objects and is currently found carrying a small plastic soccer ball from a boy named Jack at the beach.  He sleeps with it, travels with it, and bathes with it.  I love him.

Gavin and Patrick taking a swing break

Gavin and Patrick saving the day

water balloons = perfection

taking an art break with patrick

water table time with little bro

Brycen John is such a big boy.  At his 9 month appointment he weighed in at 23.7 and 30 inches long.  He is catching up to his brother by the moment.  He has recently began the art of cruising around furniture in the house.  One day he was up and the next he was on the move.  I wonder if he will be walking be his first birthday?  Gavin was an early walker so we will see.  Brycen's hair continues to grow into soft fluffy curls.  I adore them and plan to wait until at least a year to cut them off, as I fear they will not grow back :/  He makes my life complete.  Three men and me.  

getting ready for a photo shoot

sharing an ice pop with big bro
playground time

snacking at the flag day 5K with Addie

playing in the rain with cousin carrie
What a whirlwind this all is!  It's already July 9th.  We celebrated grandma's birthday last week, traveled to NY for a party, and have visitors arriving very soon for three weeks in a row.  Gosh time will fly by and I am sure I will be sitting here next months wondering where time has gone.  Looking forward to sharing some family photos as well.   Here is a sneak peak...and don't forget to check out Heidi's page at www.heidivail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment