Tuesday, October 23, 2012

month 19 & week 4 - pumpkin time



Here is my attempt at a brother photo shoot LOL :)  Well at least it was a good time though Gavin did try to eat the pumpkins and threw them around the house screaming ball.  Lucky for us he did not throw one at Brycen.  What seemed like a good idea ended up with Gavin distraught and me removing and hiding the pumpkins...snickers.  However there was a fast recovery with some grapes at hand.
Comfy blanket from Brycen's crib bedding :)
Big brother Gavin!
Gosh...where has the time gone.  Brycen is now 4 weeks old and Gavin is 19 months.  Each day in our home we become more and more acclimated to life as four.  Gavin continues to shower love on his brother and only shows some jealousy when I am feeding Brycen and that has been diverted for the most part with special sippy cups and some television ;)  Brycen has also embarked on the journey of lengthening his body.  He is less curled up and is gaining weight (now 10lbs 6oz) and inches (23 inches) every day.  Right not they are both soundly sleeping hence why I can write this blog.  I must say with two it becomes increasingly harder.  In addition, the house is increasingly harder to keep in order.  I don't know how stay at home moms or dads do it.  I feel like I just feed children all day LOL!!!!  How does one clean and cook...well I guess I could be doing it right now but blogging is so much more exciting :)

Brycen sound asleep after his photoshoot!
Some highlights this week include Gavin's new fascination with the vacuum cleaner.  It seems not matter where we hide it he finds it.  He is in love with taking the cord on and off, as well as pushing it around the house.  Chad even hid it in the shower the other day....though the fruit loop I am forgot and almost showered the vacuum cleaner.  Of course the second I took it out Big Daddy was right behind me dragging it into the living room.


As the world of Gavin evolves Brycen observes.  I wonder what he must think of all this...will he follow in his brothers footsteps with the big bold personality or will he be a silent observer.  We will see all in good time.  For now he just tags along on our varied adventures on walks, to playgrounds, birthday party, etc.
Sporting a buddies hat at the playground for a friends birthday celebration!

Peek-a-Boo

Snoozing Brycen John!

No comments:

Post a Comment