Friday, October 5, 2012

Brycen enters our world...


                                           
  


Brycen John has entered our world.  We are in love once again!  Gavin has been acclimating to life no longer alone.  Transitioning to a new sibling is not easy.  Gavin continues to test boundaries however everyday he finds his own special way to show how he loves his brother.  Brycen is referred to as "the baby" and Gavin takes multiple opportunities to hug and love on his brother.  He has also tried to play ball with him which is often one sided!

I have managed to capture a few select photos of him and his brother.  They make my heart melt!  For me it was really hard opening my heart to another little man.  Gavin is such a big part of my world and you often wonder if you can take on another love.  Well yes you can...however as I watch Brycen grow and change I am reminded of how fast Gavin's infanthood has passed.  Though I have shed many tears due to my overwhelmed postpartum self....I know that my biggest goal is to make sure that both boys are loved as individuals.



Brycen's first two weeks home have been busy.  Though we have spent many days inside we have had some great friends and family who have visited us!  Gavin and Brycen even had their first play date with Patrick and Addie.  Also we attended Amelia's second birthday party at the park.  We are up and running finding out how everything fits into place.  




Gavin is continuing to gain language and has become adept at climbing into and onto objects one never dreamed possible.  He has a amazing way of making you feel warm and fuzzy all over with his cute ability to say "thank you" just at the right times.  He is our gentle giant....with so much love to share.  I took the time to take some photos of him this week as he was playing in the living room.  I still can't believe he was once as small as Brycen.....sighs!


No comments:

Post a Comment